RE: MGA wiper motor connections

To: <PoleCat37@aol.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: MGA wiper motor connections
From: <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 18:06:41 -0400
> We are trying to install a new wiper motor and which wires go
> to which terminals is unclear from the diagrams.  The terminals
> look something like this:
>
>     3
>1         2
>--         --
>
>     O (screw)
>
> Which wires go on which terminals?

The wiring  diagram, in the Workshop Manual, for the1600/1600 MkII
indicates that the Black/Green wire from the switch is connected to
terminal 1 ... the Green wire from the fuse block is connected to
terminal 2 ... and the Black ground wire is connected to termninal E
... terminial 3 is not connected. This was confirmed bychecking the
motor on the '61, however it doesn't have a terminal 3 ... least not
that my OF eyes can see ... ;^)

Standard Electrical Disclaimers apply ... IOW, if you let the smoke
out of your wiper motor its not my fault ... ;^)

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII