Re: TD Hardware Question

To: "Robert J. Donahue" <rdonahue@holli.com>
Subject: Re: TD Hardware Question
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 21:41:40 -0400
Robert J. Donahue wrote:

> It's been awhile since I took things apart on the TD. Are there
> supposed to be
> any washers or lock washers under the acorn nuts that hold the seat
> back
> brackets to the wheel wells? If so, are they chromed? Thanks in
> advance.
>
> Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
> rdonahue@holli.com
> 52 MG-TD #17639 under DIY restoration, NEMGTR #11470
> 71 MGB still in shop, 19 months and counting

   Bob,
      Sorry, I can't answer your question. My 52 has been apart before.
However! I might be able to lead you to a gentleman who may be able to
help. In the past few weeks I've had the pleasure of beeing in touch
with Paul Hinchcliffe, of Lakeville, Mass., who recently acquired a VERY
original 51TD with only 37,000 miles on it. Much of the car is still
virginal. If you contact Paul (<hinchcli@ix.netcom.com>) I'll bet he'd
be more than willing to take a look for you.
     Good luck with your restoration.

Regards,

Bud Krueger
52TD