Re: sprak plugs "fouling out".

To: 104610.3053@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: sprak plugs "fouling out".
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 07:18:31 EDT
Jim,
  It sounds like an overly rich fuel mix to me.
  Question--how much choke to you need for your first start-up?  How much
do you need for the second?    IF you need only a little for the first,
you're running rich, but you shouldn't need any for subsequent starts in
the summer.
  Have you tried the old lift-the-piston trick when tuning the carbs?
Lift it 1/8 inch and listen to the revs change?  Yep, it doesn't work
well for me either.  I get better results with a Colortune.
  In any case, for now, turn UP the adjusting nuts a couple of flats and
see if your fouling plugs stay clean longer. If they do, you're on the
right track.
Bob