Re: musings and a question

To: robert williford <RDWILLI@VM.SC.EDU>
Subject: Re: musings and a question
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 14:01:58 -0500
At 10:18 AM 7/28/97 EDT, robert williford wrote:

[snip]

>....  lbc's are cars designed for
>driving, not ultra-quiet, climate controlled, smooth-riding cruising.
>i like my wife's toyota, and my nissan pickup isn't bad, but they are
>no match for the sheer fun of the mg.  my $.02...

You know what? I drove Darlin' yesterday to go look at another MGA. I
haven't done any city driving since I returned home from "the trip" last
Wednesday, so I've got lotsa' hours of MG-ing on neat roads under my belt.

I had to take the freeway to get where I was going. I was driving along
enjoying the day, when I became painfully aware of all the zoom-zoom
nonsense that was going on around me....made me feel like I needed to duck.
I realized the difference between me and the other drivers: I was
~driving~. They were just ~going someplace~ -- killing time in their vehicles.

I've even gotten to the point where I don't want a radio plalying when I'm
in the MG. I want to hear the car. Sound nuts? Maybe. But I doubt that I'm
the only "nutty" one!

Oh, and I drove the Caddy Friday night to go to a meeting. I made three
right turns en route. I ran over three curbs. The rear wheels are in the
wrong place!

One might say "she's hooked!"

Carol