Re: Tach Wiring

To: RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu>
Subject: Re: Tach Wiring
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 21:26:30 -0500
RAY WYGONIK wrote:

> I am installing the tach and find I have one more connection on the tach than
> have wires.  None of the wiring diagrams I have even show more than a
> ground(black) wire and a green wire.
>
> There is a white/black wire that has a female connection that mated up with
> one of the extra terminals.  There is one more terminal with no available
>wire.
>
> Anybody know the color of wire for this terminal and it's origin?

Ray -
        You don't indicate the year or model of your car.  The white/black wire
would connect the distributor to the coil, then the coil to the tach.

The tach should have the following:

Green (switched hot) this powers the tach electronics
White/black (from coil) this sends the rpm signal to the tach
Black (ground)
Red/white (lighting)

Hope this helps!
--