Re: The old hotfoot routine

To: dmeadow@juno.com
Subject: Re: The old hotfoot routine
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 12:03:13 -0500
John Murdock who is from Florida and travelled Alaska with us twisted his
grille vents to allow more air in for his trip back to Florida from GT22.
The MGA was running just a tad warm for his tastes on the way into Grapevine.

Another point John made was a seal that fits between the  top of  the
radiator and the bonnet. The seal is glued to the bonnet, and it keeps the
air from washing over the radiator, forcing it through the fins instead.
John has this piece on his car, and at GT22 his was the only car that we
saw that had it. He has a shop in Florida and swears that this seal will
lower engine temps by 5-10 degrees.

I know what my 75 mph temps are -- about 223 degrees. So...I'm going to try
the seal and see if I can get the temps down. Then try the Water Wetter and
see if I can get another 5-7 degrees there.

BTW, this seal is pliable/compressable black "rubber-stuff" that is the
width of the bonnet and about 2" thick. I know Scarborogh Faire carries
them because they had them at GTWW and had sold out of them when I went to
purchase one. Other dealers can likely get them as well.

HTH

Carol