The old hotfoot routine

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The old hotfoot routine
From: john.kahoon@pcohio.com (John Kahoon)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 05:29:00 -0500
Matt wrote:

MK>com>

MK>Looking for any excuse to spend time with our hair flapping in the wind,
MK>my daughter and I are planning a trip from Charlotte (NC) to Chicago in
MK>a couple of weeks in our '74 B.  The car's in reasonable shape, and once
MK>I've replaced the clutch I'm nearly sure we'll make it without
MK>automotive incident.  (I just keep repeating the word "adventure.")
MK>However I get a *lot* of heat through the firewall and/or trans tunnel
MK>in this car, and if the weather doesn't break, that may make the 13-hour
MK>trip a little less joyful.  I'm sure with this current heat wave, there
MK>are a lot of east coast Americans wondering this same thing:

MK>Can anyone tell me what causes so much heat to be absorbed by the
MK>passenger compartment?  Further, (and more importantly) what have people
MK>successfully done to decrease the effect?

MK>(And I do have a chunk of 4" dryer vent hose in the garage, but I really
MK>hope I don't have to go that route.  Carol, did the TR3 driver use an
MK>actual dryer vent to hold the hose on the right side of the windshield?)

MK>Thanks in advance (about 18 degrees worth).

 Hi all,
  I found a good solution inadvertently while fixing a problem on
  my 71 midget, the brake and clutch pedals were tring to work together
 (bound up on shaft ). Well, after disassembling the whole deal, and
 putting it back together, I omitted the little tin cover that goes over
 top of the box for the pedals. Turns out, this makes a real nice
 outside air vent for the driver. I'm going to set something like this
 up for the passenger compartment too, and make it so it can be closed
 or open depending on the season.

 Just my $.02
John Kahoon
71 midget
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ john.kahoon@pcohio.com

 _ _
|_|_| PC-OHIO Interactive * 216-381-3320 * telnet://bbs.pcohio.net
|_|_| Combining The Best BBS & The Web at http://www.pcohio.net