CD player

To: wpruitt@Charleston.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: CD player
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 00:44:27 +0000
I have been contemplating putting in a CD player in the dash as well,
and was wondering what make unit would fit in the 70 -72 roadsters? It
looks likes it is terribly tight for a deeper CD unit. Crutchfield say
there is only about 6" of depth available, and all of their units are
deeper than that. Looks like the rubber defroster outlets are in the
way on mine. My two-cents on the speakers--on my previous 71 iI had a
smaller power amp (Fosgate) and 4" box patio speakers that were laid
on the floorboards behind the seats firing up. This worked great. But
the power amp is important to reduce the distortion at the volume
levels needed. Later,
Warren Pruitt 1970 Roadster

Warren,
        Where exactly does the radio go in a '70?  I have a '72, which I
thought was the first year with a center console, but you have the
70-72 lumped together.  The console in mine is plenty deep for just
about any radio, but the radio location is nowhere near the
defroster vents, so we may be talking about two different
locations.  If you have depth problems, you might look for a model
without a built-in amp.  These tend to be a little shallower, and in
a convertible, a separate amp is always a good idea anyway.
Remember, it's usually not power that blows speakers, it's
distortion!
        Lastly, Crutchfield tends to be very conservative with
their depth measurements.  If all else fails, order a deck from them
and install it.  If it absolutly won't fit, send it back.  They have
the best return policy in the business!
Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com
www.lwcomm.com/~gardner