Air intake thoughts...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Air intake thoughts...
From: Wizzrd1001@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 12:30:44 -0400 (EDT)
While driving my MG in the summer now, I noticed that is one hell of a hot
car, I'm thinking it's because the car has a 2 litre engine, free flow
exhaust, and other racing goodies, so, I'm thinking that maybe, after
replacing the insualtion and installing some fiberglass heat shields <-?
 Anyways... I was looking at a few cars at the Vintage Grand Prix., and
noticed one had two sets of 6 vents in the top of the hood, one set in front
of the driver, and one in front of the passenger.  so, When I go to have my
car painted this summer the hood has to be replaced due to a large crescent
crack in it, but, I was thinking, maybe, if I were to find say, an MGC hood,
cut out the rise in it, and make that into a air scoop at the front of the
hood, and then cut the two sets of vents in the back of the hood.
   Has anyone ever tried this?? I would imagine it would keep air moving
through my engine compartment pretty well, and possibly keep it cooler,
because it's almost unbearable to drive the car in moderate heat, sy 85
degrees, now, in the fall, I can drive it with ALL the windows open, shorts
and a t-shirt, and perfectly comfortable, anyways, thanks for listening, and
if anyone's tried this ,drop me a line!!!
                                                     Ian Wisbon
                                                     74 1/2 MGB GT <-- So hot
inside you don't need
                                                                      a sauna