Re: Air intake thoughts...

To: Wizzrd1001@aol.com
Subject: Re: Air intake thoughts...
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 21:01:11 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 30 Jul 1997 Wizzrd1001@aol.com wrote:
> crack in it, but, I was thinking, maybe, if I were to find say, an MGC hood,
> cut out the rise in it, and make that into a air scoop at the front of the
> hood, and then cut the two sets of vents in the back of the hood.
>    Has anyone ever tried this?? I would imagine it would keep air moving
> through my engine compartment pretty well, and possibly keep it cooler,

Getting the hot air out from under the hood is probably the solution.  I
don't know if you really need an air intake on the front, since you
already have the radiator grill as an air inlet.
About the exhaust vents, I have read twice now I think that the hood vents
on the MGA do not work because the aerodynamics are such that there is a
high pressure area above the vents.  You are looking for a low pressure
area, so that the hot air is sucked out.  Now I don't know enough about
aerodynamics to tell you where to put your vents, but maybe on the side of
the car would be better?

Ulix
'67 Sprite with huge air vent over my head