followup on clutch post

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: followup on clutch post
From: steve chang <schang@cis.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 12:55:57 -0400 (EDT)
 Thank you to all who replied to my question about probable cause of difficulty
in changing gear.  I checked the hydraulics and all is well in that area.  The
rod from the slave cylinder moves the required 3/8 inch on depressing the
clutch.  Unfortunately, this means that it's the throwout bearing or some other
internal failure, which requires the dreaded engine removal.
        I don't know whether I should attempt this myself.  Previously, the
biggest job I have tackled is to replace the front suspension bushings.  I
found that not too difficult.  I have two weeks until I start law school, when
I anticipate I will have no free time.  What are the opinions on whether I
should try this job myself or let the mechanic have it?

 Steve.
 --
 schang@cis.ohio-state.edu          | CIS Engineering
 stchang@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu  | The Ohio State University