fuel line

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: fuel line
From: HGlenBetts@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 20:16:35 -0400 (EDT)
Hello all,

I feel I'm almost there with getting my 76-B, it's turning over now but
discovered no gas flow. Tore down the factory original fuel pump, 'welded'
some cracks in the plastic casing were the banjo connectors fit in.. Was
getting gas flow back from filter to pump ( a good hard puff on the hose
end).. Tried the same thing with the line to the tank by blowing through a
hose, No Flow!!

   Is there a back siphon preventer keeping me from forcing air (gas) back
into the tank?? Yes I took off the filler cap.

   What is on the other side of the fitting where the line fits onto the
tank? Possibly a line going to the bottom of the tank with some type of
sediment filter? If so, how do I go about cleaning it out?

   Any other thoughts on lack of "back flow"

Thanks all,

Glen

in cool and sunny Michigan

76 MGB on the road by first snow (even if I have to push it)