Re: MTBE

To: dmeadow@juno.com
Subject: Re: MTBE
From: patrick bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 10:32:43 -0700

> Are you a lawyer?  No but can we let the politicians get away with these bad
>decisions?
>

> Do _you_ really want to help pay for the state to inspect all these cars
> and pay for the damage? Well at least we would get something back
>
> Better to be more active up front-- in choosing elected officials that
> will make smarter decisions and reverse dumb ones, like this MTBE
> nonsense, which was a bad decision from the word go.
>
> Just my $0.2.
>
> David Littlefield

I agree BUT the damage has already been done and all that will happen is they
will say "oops!,excuse
us"and go on their merry way Maybe if taxes go up BECAUSE of their errors the
people will vote more
intelligently   and make other states think twice before implementing it on YOU.
That said I'm sorry if some people think that we should only talk about LBCs
all the time but these
issues will impact whether you can even drive it.I find the list more
interesting if we talk about
other issues.I like the help you all give but wouldn't that be pretty boring if
all we talked about
is technical problems.I guess living in Calif makes me more pro-active because
I have to live with
the stupid decisions.Remember Calif has always led the way in these crippling
laws and then it slops
over to the rest of you,so be glad we will fight the fight so maybe you won't
have to.
Pat