Tie Rod Ends Free, Now Joint Pain...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tie Rod Ends Free, Now Joint Pain...
From: DBHMGB@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 15:09:18 -0400 (EDT)
The saga continues... Thanks to Mr. Mills, I went out and bought a "pickle
fork" and freed those nasty tie rod ends.  Now I've decided to replace the
whole rack, it's about shot anyway.  How in blue blazes do you disconnect the
rack from the steering universal joint?  It's killing me!  as I tugged on it
the column assembly pulled out fron the firewall.  Is that right?  I've
sprayed and pryed, but there is so much free play.  Tips PLEASE!   ( If
anyone in the Baltimore area needs a pickle fork, they can borrow mine!)

Anybody know where to get a reconditioned rack rather than a new one?  New
ones cost too much...

Sorry to see the ranting and raving about UPS on this site.  Take it offline
please.  Those endless non LBC back and forths are one of the reasons I left.

Dan
80 B (ready to go 'round the block)
72 BGT (on blocks)