Re: Midget Wire Wheel Bearings

To: endicott@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: Midget Wire Wheel Bearings
From: glen.christian@juno.com (glen christian)
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 15:14:01 -0500
i replaced mine a few years back. you really need some kind of press to
do the job. if you try to just tap them in they will get stuck. if you
have a hydraulic bottle type jack you could try to rig up some type of
press. otherwise, i'd take it to someone who had a decent hydraulic
press.

$200 does seem pretty pricey for a set of front wheel bearings, but then
again, napa is usually one of the more expensive parts stores there is.

Glen Christian
Mechanical Engineer Graduate in search of Work
"So many cars, So little time"