Re: Re: Midget Runs, then dies....Continued

To: "Nory" <Nory@webtv.net>, <debrown@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Midget Runs, then dies....Continued
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 16:25:06 -0400
Well, you learn something everyday on this list!  My Midget (which I have
owned for 10 years) came to me with a ballast resistor mounted on the right
inner fender in the engine compartment.  I didn't know Midgets didn't have
ballast resistors.  I checked the wiring diagram, and it doesn't identify
one.  I couldn't find anything about either a ballast resistor or a
resistance wire in the workshop manual.

Recently, I replaced the coil.  It came with instructions to use without a
ballast resistor, so I disconnected the resistor.  Marked on it is part
number 254186.  This looks suspiciously like a Chrysler part number, but
there is no further identification of the manufacturer.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
'66 BJ8  HBJ8L/36666  "TARHEELY"
'63 BJ7 HBJ7L/20111 ("Resting" the last 10 years)
'69 Dodge Charger XP29H9B280166  "CHAHJAH" (original owner) --   a Chrysler
product
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool,
than to speak, and remove all doubt."  -- Mark Twain