Need TC mill/TD parts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Need TC mill/TD parts
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Rick Feibusch)
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 18:22:41 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Listers,
This came to me in one of the myriad publications that cross my desk each
day.  This guy REALLY needs our help.  He is not on line so you gots to
call him on the antique telethingie:

WANTED: ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION FOR A 1948 MGTC.  I recently had the good
fortune to find a 1948 MGTC with 42,000 original miles on it.  The car had
been stored since a relatively poor restoration in 1980.  In addition to
restoring the car, the previous owners took it upon themselves to replace
the engine and trans with a Volvo P1800 unit.  It is a good running car,
however, I am embarrassed to let anyone look under the hood.  If anyone
knows the whereabouts of a "reasonably priced" engine and trans, I am very
interested for a future "correct" restoration.  The body VIN is TC5735 and
I would be thrilled if the matching engine can be found.  I understood the
conversion was done in San Diego sometime between 1979 and 1980.  If anyone
knows anyone who might know about the whereabouts of the engine, I will be
eternally grateful.

Respectfully,
GREG COLDEN
1110 Talbot Avenue
Albany, CA 94706
510-558-0259.

Also, I have a bunch of TD stuff that has been stored in a garage in San
Francisco for at least a decade that includes; a radiator and good shell,
two rear fenders, a pair of hoods including a Mk II, a great gas tank, some
doors, a complete Mk II front frame clip/w suspension and a Mk II rear end
and more that I don't remember.  My friend George has used some bits and
pieces but most of this stuff is still there.  I am interested in selling
this stuff as a lot but am always a sucker for suggestions followed by a
real good story.  I will be up in the Bay Area for the Palo Alto Meet on
Sept. 7 (as I will be running it) but would like to talk to any interested
parties NOW to take care of it a day or two after the Meet.  Call me at
310-392-6605 if you are interested. Remember, I'm a nice guy and can be
REAL reasonable but I'm not stupid. Parts priced accordingly.

See you on the Funway! - Rick Feibusch - Venice, CA