Re:

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re:
From: Don Mathis <donmathis@lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 12:55:56 -0400 (EDT)
>>***********************************************************
>>

>>Sorry about your problem with insurance settlement. It is a situation
>>that anyone who has a car that they have poured their heart, soul and
>>cash into may be faced with at the time of a loss.  (Including me and I
>>AM an Agent!)
>>
>>You have to be able to document what it is worth.  Save receipts, get
>>info from Hemmings, sales from members of car clubs with cars like
>>yours,etc.
>>
>>Unfortunately we sometimes put way more into them than we could every get
>>out.  Witness the $9000+ in reciepts for my car that I paid a little less
>>than $3000 to buy.  (FINALLY I get the deal on the car instead of the car
>>getting me!)
>>
>>Ric Bergstrom
>>State Farm Insurance Agent
>>Richmond VA

State Farm (here in Atlanta ?!) has a classic car policy that does require
less than 7500 miles per year.  I had to get an appraisal for $50 and then I
could insure it for the appraisal or less.  The insurance is about $160 per
year for $10,000 of insurance. I've been with State Farm for about 3 1/2
decades.

Don Mathis,Ph.D.
donmathis@lucent.com
'61 MGA