Re: What about the insurance?

To: MG Mavens <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: What about the insurance?
From: Matt Liggett <mliggett@bluemarble.net>
Date: 12 Aug 1997 12:42:43 -0500
Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu> writes:
> My dad says (and he's a CPA) that the car is only worth insuring for
> liability.  But after doing a rebuild on the suspension and brakes I
> have put in as much as the car is worth.  I do not want to loose the
> investment.

Larry,

My reccomendation on this is to take the difference between
liability-only premiums and full-value premiums and put that amount
into a savings account every month.  When you feel you've got the
replacement value of your car in the bank, start using your premiums
to spiff up the car or buy other toys.  I call this DIY insurance.

--
:      Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com>      :           1960 Mini          :
:        Hacker, Telecommuter, Car Nut        :        1970 MG Midget        :