Leaky Body -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Leaky Body -Reply
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 15:12:49 -0400
>>> Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net> 08/12/97 08:44pm >>>
...My problem is that the car leaks in into both footwells...

Any experience/suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Chris Delling

Since no one has mentioned this yet...

My '74 B leaks where the roof meets the windshield - in exactly two
spots, each one about two inches in from the outside edge.  If it rains
while I'm driving, the one on my side drips directly on my left knee.
If my ever so absorbant leg weren't there, it would fall into the
footwell - which wouldn't be so bad, because those rubber mats could use
a good washing once in awhile.

My first car - a Volkswagen - had a leak into the rear floorboards.
During one rainy season, some grass seed fell down there and germinated
in the wet carpeting.  I had a miniature forest down there about 1/2"
high until the sun came out and dried it out.  (Hey, you said any
experience was welcome.)

Matt Kulka
'74 B - with a dishtowel conveniently stored behind the passenger seat.