What LBC model is this??

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What LBC model is this??
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 00:47:50 -0500
There is a tan car that lives under a tarp behind a hedge about a mile from
my house .

I went over and looked through the fence here, and between electric
transformers there (read: it's not easy to see even if it is up against the
fence!).

The grille is shaped sort of like an MGB. There is a chrome strip down the
side from fender to fender. There is an emblem on the side that reads
"Leyland." It has wire wheels (gold ones!! Spray paint.). The back (below
the boot lid) is flat and vertical. There are no bumpers on the car.

I've surfed a bit, but can't stay on the computer for hours and hours. I
checked out Jensen. I'd say the car looks a bit like the newer Healy's, but
not the grille.

There was no emblem on the rear. There was one on the front, but it was
hard to read. It is almost an octagon. That's what's so weird. There's a
vertical-looking '|' on the front emblem that COULD be the right side of
the M in MG.

Does anybody out there have any ideas?? I don't know which brit models had
"Leyland" on them. Not "British Leyland" just "Leyland."

Or maybe it's a Triumph. I dunno....

Thanks...

Carol