Opinion on new MG ,racist slurs..etc

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Opinion on new MG ,racist slurs..etc
From: patrick bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 07:45:58 -0700
I gotta get in on this one!

1.  Calling a car or bike a rice-burner isn't a "racist slur"Geez lighten up!
We are getting so PC
that you can't say anything.I think this list should be about anything car and
LBC related and if
you don't like the thread ...DON"T READ IT !!!.How would you go about "kicking
someone off the
list?Even if someone was to use the "N" word he would be ignored by all and if
no one responded he
would go away just delete anything from him without reading it and he would
tire soon enough and
take his hate elsewhere.The term "riceburner"comes from those Harley guys and
it becomes part of our
jargon without any slurs intended.

2   The new MGF I don't like the styling much too "gum drop "looking as for how
it drives I don't
know but I would like to find out!

3   Everyone driving from Ato B as fast and as comfortable as possible.It seems
no one goes out for
"Sunday drives"anymore we I was a kid my family always went for a sunday drive
and it was  a blast!
Of course my dad would get too far from home and then we would break all speed
laws to get home in
time for Maverick!It seems the art of "grand touring"is lost,it seems the love
of driving is
lost,today no one likes to drive it, is an inconvenience just a way to get
there.What a
shame!Luckily there are still people like us who still love the sounds and
smells of driving in a
leaky noisy old friend,but we are a dying breed we can try to pass it along to
a younger group but
the memories are not there with them and our Bs will finally be just collector
cars that come out
for shows only.Be glad you are living in a kind of golden age where the cars
are still driven and
they are old enough to be appreciated by the public but they aren't too old
like Model Ts that they
are only driven at parades.Fast foward 25 years and my kids will see a B at
some function and they
too will have some nostalgia from riding around with me!

Pat 79 B