Need speedometer and parts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Need speedometer and parts
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 17:48:09 EDT
Does anyone know of a source for speedometer parts?  My main odometer
crapped out again.  Haven't opened it up yet, but I suspect it's missing
a few teeth on the ratchet gear, again.  It's not that difficult a fix if
I can find the parts, and I'd like to fix it myself.

My speedometer has beed "tinkered with" three times now by one or the
other of those professional rebuild places.  Each time I get a big bill,
and the unit never lasts more than 40K miles before it goes south again.
And I'd prefer not to continue incurring those bills every couple of
years forever.  It's also somewhat inconvenient to part with the unit for
the time it takes for shipping, fixing and returning.

While we're at it, does anyone have an extra MGA speedometer they would
like to part with?  It doesn't have to be a working unit, just more or
less complete.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA 1500