More MGA troubles

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: More MGA troubles
From: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 16:33:05 -0400 (EDT)
First I must apologize to the list for any bounced mail they may have
gotten from me.  Our ISP lost our name service (never transferred it from
our previous ISP) and our whole organisation was without e-mail for about
a month.  Anyway, that's all fixed now and I'm back with more questions.

As some of you may recall, my previous exploits have gone like this:
everything works okay (runs rich) but no top and I'm reluctant to take it
to a garage where it may have to sit out so: put on new top -> no clutch
right where she sits in the driveway -> replace cluth hose and bleed
everything -> brakes locked up -> bleed some more -> no turn signals or
brake lights -> my current problem.  I unhooked the green wires (it's a
1600) from the fuse box and hooked them to the hot white wire one at a
time and labeled them... gas guage (ok), turn signals (ok), brake lights
(too bright out to tell), and wipers (ok).  Hook green wires back up and
only the wipers work.  Whats worse is I pull the starter cable and nothing
but a faint hiss from the rear (battery?)!  Now what do I do?  Thomas,
you've really done it this time!  Seriosly, all I did was unhook those
wires, strip them back a little, and hook them back up.  BTW, I pulled the
fuse to see but no difference in the starting.  I've got the charger on it
now.  Help, PLEASE!  I really want to drive this thing at least once.

Also, while it's sitting in the driveway with the fuel pump clicking away,
fuel is dripping out the overflow on the front float bowl.  The clearance
is 7/16" and it moves freely, what could it be?

Thanks for listening,

Tom, '60 MGA 1600