LBC Flat Rate Manual

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: LBC Flat Rate Manual
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 15:28:15 -0700
Bob:

        I have an original BMC flat rate guide.    I can't find a print
date, but the car lineup indicates sometime around 1969. It covers
Sprite Mk IV/ Midget 68 on, MGB/GT, MGC and Austin America.  There is
also an update in the back which has some Jaguar info.

        The flat rate times now are almost farcical.  They were
determined using special service tools on vehicles in standard
conditions (read non-buggered up).  e.g. MGB engine replacement 6.25
hours, add 2.5 hours to change over all ancillary equipment, clean and
adjust carbs and distributer.  I don't know about you folks, but it
takes me 15 minutes just to straighten the dist. hold down clamp that
the past mechanic screwed up.

        Here's one for you Bob.   MGC water pump,  2 hours.

It doesn't seem enough time to find all the special little nuts and
bolts that sproing into the black abys of the engine bay.

Kelvin.