Car evolution.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Car evolution.
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 01:25:15 +0000
>   It's not such a stretch to see the lines that made
> the T into the A and the B continue to make the F. The
> B is "less squared" than a T, and the F is "less
> squared" than a B. Beleive it or not, some day we
> could see a car that makes the F look angular.
>
>   Cars change. Progess isn't always the right word, but
> cars always change.
>
>   Nothing wrong with enjoying nostalgia, we all do
> that is why we are here.
>
>   However, IMHO it is simply silly to insist that
> automobiles reached perfection at some date in the past
> and every change since then has been a change for the
> worse.
>
> - --
> Trevor Boicey

Have you ever noticed that in movies depicting the future, the cars
usually look like the cars that were prevalent when the movie was
made, ony more so?  Watch a movie from the 50's that's supposed to
take place in the future, and the cars have fins on them that make a
T-bird's fins look like trim strips.  Recently, the "cars of the
future" in movies look like eggs on wheels, or Delorean/Pantera
flying wedges.
   I think it's safe to say that cars in thirty years won't look like
anything we picture now, but I guarantee you if we saw one today,
most people wouldn't like it.
 Scott