RE: Brake modultaion...help! SOLVED!

To: "'Graham McCann'" <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
Subject: RE: Brake modultaion...help! SOLVED!
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 09:49:00 -0700 (PDT)
When you replace the bearing your going to tap out the old race and install
a new one. The new one may not seat exactly the same. The new bearing may be
a little different yet still meet specs. Maybe you'll put it back in with
the same shimms and it will fit just fine or it may not. The finer shims are
very thin. You don't need a lot of variation inquality control of the
bearings to need different shimms.

Chris Reichle