Re: head lamps

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Gerald A Felper" <felperg@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: head lamps
From: "Bill Harkiins" <bharkins@tfb.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 09:15:29 -0700

>My MG PA has sol. dip head lights, but they were not hooked up. There
>are two fil. lamps installed which dip. I assumed that these were not
>the original head lamps, but maybe they were? They have the correct lens
>and look proper.

I've always thought that the MMM cars did not have the sol dip lamp as none are
shown in the factory wiring diagrams in Blowers. The first instance of the
solonoid is on the TA.

I would think that the two fil lamp installed in the dipper was done by a
previous owner as the idea was to redirect the light beam from a single fil
lamp. It also seems that MG reverted to the plain non-solonoid headlamp in the
TB.

But then, what do I know?

Bill Harkins
Fallbrook, CA