Re: TD Steering problem solved Pt.2

To: "ROBERT G. HOWARD" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TD Steering problem solved Pt.2
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 17:07:20 +0000
Bob,
Actually, the inner ball joints were not dry. They had been lubricated
with the 90 weight. In fact, at one time I must have put some grease in
there as well, since I found it when things came apart. However, it
didn't travel far from the center of the rack.
I plan on filling up the entire rack with 90 weight with one rubber
gaiter loose so I can see the oil coming out. That should then be filled
enough for lubricating everything.
Just finished putting things back about an hour ago and will wait for
the rain to stop before venturing out.
Still have to check on the toe-in, toe-out as I replaced everything and
lost my marks on the old stuff. The good news is , no more clunk when I
push down on the headlamp brackets!!

Cheers,
Dave Houser