Re: O/D switch as Fog light switch

To: mgbob@juno.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: O/D switch as Fog light switch
From: Cancola@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 23:26:05 -0400 (EDT)

<< The electrical consumption of the OD solenoid is very little. I couldn't
 find in in the shop manual just now, its wire is 16 ga or maybe even 18
 ga.
 Bob
  >>Bob,
        That's kinda what I thought , at least the part about a relay or
soleniod switch.  Actually the wire is bigger than the fog light wire. If I
traced the o/d wire schematic correctly , it seems to lead to the alternator
as it passes through the charge indicator light.  Don't know as you say how
many watts/amps are going through there.
         I checked at the local Checker Auto but they didn't have any relays
that weren't in a kit.  Will go down the street to the next parts house.
          Thanks for the imput, I'll see what I come up with.
                                      Bill in Colorado