Re: Quick MGA question...

To: Wizzrd1001@aol.com
Subject: Re: Quick MGA question...
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 09:51:23 -0500
Ian:-

What you saw was an MGA coupe.  There were much fewer made than the
roadsters, but generally do not claim more moolah on the market, since
most people want the top to go down.  They are distinguished by an
outside door handle and lock, roll-up windows, and a more "finished"
interior.

A moment of silence for the one you found at the junkyard is appropriate.
 You might want to post the location to the list, 'cause I know coupe
owners have a hard time finding some of the hardware related to the
hardtop-- particularly the rear windows and trim.

BTW, the term GT was not used to describe these cars-- I guess the
difference being the hatchback and ability to carry four people.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX