Modulation Gone! Now what?

To: "'mg'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Modulation Gone! Now what?
From: "Randy Rees (Volt Computer)" <a-rrees@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 08:46:23 -0700
Thanks to all those who gave me suggestions, I replaced the left front
rotor as a matter of course even though it seemed true, I replaced the
left front bearings and will do the right ones tonight (even though they
seem good). The modulation is gone and my brake pedal is even firmer
than before and tightens up sooner than it used to. The brake wobble
must have been putting reverse pressure in the brake lines.

Here's the problem, The left front hub was even hotter than with the bad
bearings, After driving to work I notice that I had grease all over the
front rim, very hot melted grease, I used High temp disc brake grease,
and torqued to the specified torque of 70 LBS. , is this maybe too
tight? I left the original shim in place as I have no were to buy new
ones right away and after reading the haynes manual, still did not
really understand how to check end float.

Any ideas? BTW the right hub is still cool to the touch. And I don't
have any brake drag to over heat that hub.