Re: Thanks to all for the birthday best wishes / worst offer

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu, drded@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Thanks to all for the birthday best wishes / worst offer
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 01:08:17 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-21 05:32:28 EDT, macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
(Larry Macy) writes:

<< >Gosh folks, I'm all choked up here. Thanks to all who had nice stuff to
 >say. Follows is the worst offer I got all day, I don't even know if the
 >phrase "it's the thought that counts" could be applied here.:-) I had a
 >great day, with the racing  school stuff, then tons of E-mail, landed a
 >new job today and I guess that the Tribourogh Bridge and Tunnel
 >Authority even knew it was my b-day cause I got my EZ pass today. MG
 >content: When I ordered the EZ pass (an electronic toll device)I was
 >asked about a half dozen times "MG? OK, but who make it?"
 >Safety fast, David Deutsch
 >You wrote:
 >>
 >>Happy Birthday!  I'll sing to you while I swap rear ends!
 >>~Mike Lishego >>

I can't believe I saw this!  I was gonna let it slide, but while changing my
rear end to suit my wire wheeled tastes, I began singing.  Yes, it was "Happy
Birthday", with a chorous of "War Wheels" thrown in for good measure.  I was
under the car, and about to launch into "Rockin' in the Free World" when I
heard my Father's voice say, "Who's David?"  Yep, my Dad thinks I'm on crack.
~Mike Lishego