Re: FW: Dash light dimmer

To: G Graham <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>, MG list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: FW: Dash light dimmer
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 08:58:02 -0400
At 11:30 PM 8/21/97 -0400, G Graham wrote:

>Mark J Bradakis wrote:
>
>Come on, everyone! I've been anxiously waiting for a reply to this one as
a friend
>of mine just bought a '79 B that has the same problem. Can't turn it,
can't pull
>it, can't push it, too small to use a hammer. We're stumped! Help!
>
>Thanks!
>
>Gary A. Graham
>"closing in on a" '74 roadster

When I bought my 77 B the dimmer rheostat was frozen stiff.  The P.O. had
jumpered it out of the circuit.  When I saw the cost of the damn things I
understood why.  A while later, I was at a LBC boneyard, and I happend
across a very nice dash board.  Since the one in my car was trashed, I aske
the owner how much.  $50 without instruments.  I proceeded to remove all
the gauges/switchgear.  Got to the dimmer switch, and even with the dash
sitting on a bench, we never could get the knob off.  Eventually he told me
to take the dash with the dimmer.  It's now in the car a working fine, but
god forbid should I ever have to replace it.  I suspect that you may end up
having to destroy the knob to get the dimmer out.

Regards,

Chris