Newbie Parts Questions

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Newbie Parts Questions
From: "Karl A. Rickert" <alfakarl@mailer.gadcomm.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 14:09:34 -0400
Howdy All,

I've just recieved a '66 MGB from a fellow who was about to give it to the
Boy's Club. I need to know where to find a good source of parts.

The car isn't in bad condition. It has been sitting in a garage for about 5
years and has had most of the body work done. New floors, new lower front
fenders, rocker repair, has large dent in drivers door yet to repair.

The motor is somewhat dismantled, intake, exhaust, starter, generator have
all been removed. I plan to rebuild the motor regardless of current
condition. What should I try to salvage and what should I dump? Cam,
Pistons, etc.

Is there a kit to buy that converts the knock-offs to a four or five stud
pattern? Kit for replacing the shocks with aftermarket tubular ones? How
bout a conversion for the drums to disks?

Regards,

Karl A. Rickert
C Stock Alfa Spider #38
Dixie Region SCCA