Re: wannabe MGTD

To: Nory@webtv.net, pbailey@qnet.com
Subject: Re: wannabe MGTD
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 15:54:02 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-23 08:31:16 EDT, Nory@webtv.net (Nory) writes:

<<
 I've seen these kits.  A lot of people were seriously ripped off by one
 of the companies (the now-defunct Classic Motor Carriages) that sold the
 kits.  The kit cost anywhere from $4000 to $6000, and the extra stuff
 that had to be purchased/modified was another couple grand.  Not to
 mention the donor car, and, if it was done right, the expense of
 rebuilding/restoring the chassis and engine of the donor car.  This poor
 sap is barely getting his money back at $7500.  I've seen people trying
 to sell them for $12,000!  They're fun, but at that price, might as well
 just look for a real MG!

I think that Classic is back in business under a new name.  They apparently
were ripping people off by taking the total money and them shipping partial
kits.  Then the rest of the parts would never arrive......
A real TD is only around 12 grand, and it's the REAL THING!  Watch out for
that wood rot, though.
Ray