Restoration Tip - Really!

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Restoration Tip - Really!
From: "JedPiper" <JedPiper@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 10:36:43 -0500
Hi Gang -

This tip was passed along to me recently by my father.  Believe it or not,
he uses Pam cooking spray as a protective coating for chrome items and
other metallic parts that he is storing for use in long-term restoration
projects.  Evidently, once the spray has dried it forms a corrosion-proof
seal on the surface to which it has been applied.  Dad says that he has had
parts hanging in his shop for as long as two years that have been
completely preserved using this unorthodox method.  He recommends using one
of the new generation of citrus based degreasers for removal of the stuff
as it is nearly impossible to remove with soap and water once dry.  Really!

Please note that Dad earns his living repairing, restoring and re-selling
antique british and vintage american motorcycles.

intestinal/colon cancer.

And...is anyone aware of any upcoming MG club events, car shows, or swap
meets in southern Texas?  I'm new to the San Antonio area and would be
interested in attending same.

Thanks,

Jed
76 MGB
96 Ford Windstar
85 BMW K100RS
(When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not
terrified and screaming, like his passenger)