Re: Japanese copying LBCs?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, Nory@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Japanese copying LBCs?
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 11:07:59 -0500
At [Tue, 26 Aug 1997 10:23:22 -0400]
Nory@webtv.net (Nory) wrote:
> We started
> looking around at the cars and, to my surprise, it turned out they were
> DATSUNS!  I never saw them before (apparently aren't any in our area),
> but they looked just like our MGs!

>From "The Ultimate Classic Car Book", by Quentin Wilson, regarding the
Datsun Fairlady 1600:

Styling:  Rear view has echos of both the MGB and MG TC.

Engine:  The simple four-cylinder engine had a cast iron block and aluminum
head breathing through twin Hitachi carburtors made under license from
SU in England.

Body Panels:  In common with the MGB, the Fairlady had bolt-on removable
front fenders for easy repairs.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu