Real Power

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Real Power
From: Adam Howarth <ahowarth@fl.net.au>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 19:34:12 +1000
Yes, I admit I have ideas of chucking that prehistoric boat anchor of a B
engine and getting an Nissan FJ20.......its dialled with four valves per
cyclinder, twin overhead camshafts, can handle high RPMs (8000+), has loads
of aftermarket go fast goodies and is cheap.

I could get a turbo FJ20, and drive it on the street with 320+ HP easily
with nice idle and manners on normal fuel...The used Jap engines come
complete with wiring harness, turbo and all the rest cheap. A rebuild is in
order but most FJ20's have low usuage.

The B engine is slow. Lets admit it. You will never gain real HP unless you
turbo it and then you wont have the flow for good power nor will you have
the realibility at high revs.

Before I fork out the cash for it, I had some intial reservations towards
keeping my B original.  So if you have a method of getting lots of power
from a B engine then save me from damnation please.