Re: Speakers in doors and interior trim ?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Speakers in doors and interior trim ?
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 11:18:45 -0400
I'm sorry I don't recall the catalog (probably V/B or Special Interest),
but I recently saw a unit that addressed the
crimped-speaker-wire-in-door-jamb problem.  It was two units - each a
plastic block with 4 spring-loaded metal studs.  You mount one unit in
the door jamb, one on the door itself, so that when the door is closed
the studs contact one another making the connection for the speaker(s).
Naturally, the speaker would cut out when you opened the door, but most
of us shut off the radio before we get out of the car, so it might not
be that big an annoyance.  Catalog or not, I'd bet you can get a unit
like that at a Car Stereo Specialty Shop without having to look too
hard.

Matt Kulka
'74 B - with speakers in the boot bulkhead.  An ugly installation from
the back, but not so bad from the cockpit.

>>> RAY WYGONIK <RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu> 08/25/97 03:02pm >>>
I am installing a new interior in my 74 B.  would like to make
accomodations
for adding speakers in the future.  Most of the speakers I have seen
have been
in the doors.  Anything special I need to do in running the wire to the
door?
The door swings wide from the body and it seems to me there would be a
lot of
speaker wire that would be exposed between the door and the body.  Any
trouble
with this wire pinching, etc. ?