Re: Speakers in doors and interior trim ? -Reply

To: brallier@twd.net
Subject: Re: Speakers in doors and interior trim ? -Reply
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:16:04 -0400
You know, that's a good point.  When I was young, a friend fried his car
stereo while he was hooking up the speakers.  The shop told him he'd
fried the FET transistor in it because he had it turned on while he was
connecting the wiring.  I forgot all about that until you brought it up.

Matt Kulka
'74 B - in which the PO's PO mounted a marine radio.  Interesting
thought process.

Matt Kulka wrote:

>  I recently saw a unit that addressed the
> crimped-speaker-wire-in-door-jamb problem.  It was two units - each a
> plastic block with 4 spring-loaded metal studs.  You mount one unit in
> the door jamb, one on the door itself, so that when the door is closed
> the studs contact one another making the connection for the
speaker(s).

Matt,
V/B sells those wireless connectors.  Maybe it's only because I'm an
OF, but won't opening the door with the radio on and breaking the
speaker
circuit, damage the radio?

Craig Brallier
75 B