Re: more midget clutch sa

To: "mg list" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: more midget clutch sa
From: "Dustin Howarth" <howarth@pulsenet.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 16:14:57 -0400
After reading a few responses about the extended clutch master cyl. push
rod, I'm wondering if all 1275 Midget pushrods have this same sloppily
welded extension.

Does everyone face this problem when they need to replace the rod?  Does
anyone have a shorter push rod (3" as per Moss & VB) that works?  It seems
like a problem that the suppliers would have solved by now.

Also, John Kahoon mentioned a threaded extension, and it sounds like it
works well.  Can you give a more detailed description?

Any other solutions?  I'm hoping to put it together over the weekend, and
I'm not sure how to proceed on the push rod.  It sounds like the new
'correct' one from Moss is not going to work.

Thanks,
Dustin
howarth@pulsenet.com
'73 Midget 'Margo'