Re: more midget clutch sa

To: MGS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: more midget clutch sa
From: john.kahoon@pcohio.com (John Kahoon)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 05:20:00 -0500
Dustin wrote:

DH>After reading a few responses about the extended clutch master cyl. push
DH>rod, I'm wondering if all 1275 Midget pushrods have this same sloppily
DH>welded extension.

DH>Does everyone face this problem when they need to replace the rod?  Does
DH>anyone have a shorter push rod (3" as per Moss & VB) that works?  It seems
DH>like a problem that the suppliers would have solved by now.

DH>Also, John Kahoon mentioned a threaded extension, and it sounds like it
DH>works well.  Can you give a more detailed description?

DH>Any other solutions?  I'm hoping to put it together over the weekend, and
DH>I'm not sure how to proceed on the push rod.  It sounds like the new
DH>'correct' one from Moss is not going to work.

DH>Thanks,
DH>Dustin
DH>howarth@pulsenet.com
DH>'73 Midget 'Margo'

  It looks like, ( and this is hard to tell not haveing seen a stock
rod) That the loop was cut off the end of the original rod and
welded to a couple nut (  1" long nut ) then a 3-4 inch threaded rod was
welded to the end of the shaft. Total length, fully extened is 5-6
inches from end to end. fully collapsed, it's about 4 inches. I hope
this helps.

John Kahoon
71 midget
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ john.kahoon@pcohio.com

 _ _
|_|_| PC-OHIO Interactive * 216-381-3320 * telnet://bbs.pcohio.net
|_|_| Combining The Best BBS & The Web at http://www.pcohio.net