Installing seal under windshield

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Installing seal under windshield
From: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 19:27:13 -0400 (EDT)
After three very frustrating hours trying to install the seal under the
windshield in my MGB I turn to the group for help.  I put a new windshield
in the frame and was prepared for that to be the real problem, but it went
okay.  So now I've gone through the following routine five times: I
install the windshield-to-body seal in its channel, I set the windshield
on the car, I try to ease out the bottom part of the rubber so that it
points to the front of the car, I watch in dismay as I end up pulling the
seal out of the channel altogether.  What's the secret?

John Middlesworth
72 MGB