Re: Suggestion...

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Suggestion...
From: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 16:49:52 -0400
>> Yes, well, not all of us are using mail programs with filters :)

I believe even some Unix mail programs have filters.  I know that MAC,
Windows, and UNIX  each have programs that will run filters for email.

>> Agreed that its a fairly small percentage of the list, probably, but
>> 1. filtering on (MG) or whatnot in the subject line will give you 100%
>>    rule matching (see above), catching those nasty cc: cases
>
>  Make two filters, one with the list address in the "to"
>line and one with it in the "cc" line.

Yup that is what I did.

>  Some mail programs (like netscape) have a filter option
>for "to or cc" so the same thing can be done in one filter.
>
>  Anyone currently using digest should really try filters
>instead. It solves all the same problems in a better way.

Before anyone posts things like "How do I setup filters" please check your
Help files, it is clearly explained in there.  And a hint to the person who
could only move email to the trash bin, you have to create a NEW folder a
then setup a filter to point to that new folder.

Cheers,

KMR

Kai Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net, 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
Dialogue Internet - Intelligent Internet Solutions

IRC: irc.voicenet.com, #inet-access (my nick: ActiveX or KMR)