Classic Motorbooks Wheels and Wings

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Classic Motorbooks Wheels and Wings
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 08:16:48 -0500
Anyone else planning on going to the above event next Saturday,  6
September?  With luck the MGA will be making the trek and it has invited me
along as kind of a courtesy / pity thing.

For those who have never been there, it is in Oceola, Wisconsing about 40
miles Northeast of the Twin Cities.  There is a car show, a fly-in, a huge
craft show, and a small carnival all going on at the same time.  Last year
700 cars attended with about 20 MG's and 100 total LBC's.

Classic Motorbooks has their entire inventory on sale for 15% off.  There
is also a tent sale where returned / damaged books are sold for 50% off.
It is a great chance to pick up books that you normally wouldn't consider
at full price but would be fun to have around. I got Green's MGA and
Porter's MGB book last year for 15.00 each.  One had a scratch on the cover
and the other had the binding crushed slightly on one end.  Not a bad deal.

MG's have their own display area each year.  I believe that MG is the only
Marque so honored so it would be nice to have a great turnout.  Minnesota
MG Group (MMGG) sponsers the MG display, by the way.

I hope to see a few of you there.  Don't get there too early, though.  I
want a chance to buy all the good books first :-)

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA