Re: Topics that are very interesting to some

To: donmathis@lucent.com
Subject: Re: Topics that are very interesting to some
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 17:21:13 EDT
On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 13:30:37 -0400 (EDT) Don Mathis
<donmathis@lucent.com> writes:
>I guess I've been on this list for 4,5 years.  We did used to have a
>standard that we attempted to live up to.  The Rule was :  Any subject
>is
>valid provided that in some manner, although tiny and obtuse, it
>pertained
>to or could be connected to MGs.  Granted some of us REALLY stretched
>but it
>seemed to bring out a lot of creativity and was actually a lot of fun.
>
>For example; My 1961, red MGA is presently parked next to my '87
>Burgundy
>J**p,whose tan pinstriping needs to be re-done.  Anybody know where I
>can
>find about 3/16" wide tan pinstriping tape for said vehicle? (Note:  I
>really am asking this question!!)  Perhaps if we reverted to some form
>of
>this type of listing, everyone would be pleased?
>
>Cheers-
>
>Don Mathis
>
>p.s.  I really do need the tape.  All I can find is any color BUT tan.
> Thanks-
>

>At 11:51 AM 8/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>Randy Rees (Volt Computer) wrote:
>>> Not to be the Microsoft advocate, but Microsoft Outlook even has a
>>> preview feature so I can read the first few lines without opening
>the
>>> message, Other programs may or will eventually have this also.
>Makes it
>>> real easy to whip through 50-80 messages and allows you to see that
>>> thread you previously were not interested in has changed even
>though the
>>> subject line didn't.
>>
>>  I see all these little suggestions as the equivalent of
>>"oh no, don't bother fixing that oil seal, that takes too
>>long, I just stop at every street corner and throw in
>>another quart! I don't mind at all!".
>>
>>  There are ways to survive this list without fixing the
>>real problem, but the real solution would just be to
>>fix the damn problem.
>>
>>  Why should hundreds of listers have to download, preview,
>>and then delete stuff just because somebody had to get it
>>off their chest that Moby Grape was the first band they
>>listened to when they first got an 8 track player?
>>
>>--
>>Trevor Boicey
>>Ottawa, Canada
>>tboicey@brit.ca
>>http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/
>>

>Don Mathis,Ph.D.
>donmathis@lucent.com
>'61 MGA
>'37 Derby Bentley (B190KT)

Don,
  I've seen the pinstripping tape in various width's,1/8 to 1/2 inch, in
several larger parts stores. Autozone and Advance Auto are two that come
to mind.
  When I worked at the local GMC/Pontiac dealer, we got similar supplies
from one of the in-town auto paint suppliers.
  Check the Yellow pages for auto body and paint suppliers, wholesale,
and give a couple a call. I don't believe you'll call too many before you
find exactly what you're needing.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget