Topics that are very interesting to some

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Topics that are very interesting to some
From: Don Mathis <donmathis@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 13:30:37 -0400 (EDT)
I guess I've been on this list for 4,5 years.  We did used to have a
standard that we attempted to live up to.  The Rule was :  Any subject is
valid provided that in some manner, although tiny and obtuse, it pertained
to or could be connected to MGs.  Granted some of us REALLY stretched but it
seemed to bring out a lot of creativity and was actually a lot of fun.

For example; My 1961, red MGA is presently parked next to my '87 Burgundy
J**p,whose tan pinstriping needs to be re-done.  Anybody know where I can
find about 3/16" wide tan pinstriping tape for said vehicle? (Note:  I
really am asking this question!!)  Perhaps if we reverted to some form of
this type of listing, everyone would be pleased?

Cheers-

Don Mathis

p.s.  I really do need the tape.  All I can find is any color BUT tan.  Thanks-

At 11:51 AM 8/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Randy Rees (Volt Computer) wrote:
>> Not to be the Microsoft advocate, but Microsoft Outlook even has a
>> preview feature so I can read the first few lines without opening the
>> message, Other programs may or will eventually have this also. Makes it
>> real easy to whip through 50-80 messages and allows you to see that a
>> thread you previously were not interested in has changed even though the
>> subject line didn't.
>
>  I see all these little suggestions as the equivalent of
>"oh no, don't bother fixing that oil seal, that takes too
>long, I just stop at every street corner and throw in
>another quart! I don't mind at all!".
>
>  There are ways to survive this list without fixing the
>real problem, but the real solution would just be to
>fix the damn problem.
>
>  Why should hundreds of listers have to download, preview,
>and then delete stuff just because somebody had to get it
>off their chest that Moby Grape was the first band they
>listened to when they first got an 8 track player?
>
>--
>Trevor Boicey
>Ottawa, Canada
>tboicey@brit.ca