Re: '65 MGB Rust

To: dandr@mail.gwi.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: '65 MGB Rust
From: BDurgin1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 21:37:03 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-01 19:02:33 EDT, dandr@mail.gwi.net (David Allen)
writes:

> He claims it is a 5-main, but it has a mech. tach drive on
>  the block, it's a 18G engine, is'nt that a 3-main?
>
>                  thanks for any advice
>
>                       Dave '70 BGT

If I'm not mistaken, all tach drives were 3 main engines. In fact , I think
some of the 3 mains actually got the later electric tach.  Clausager's
"Original MGB" would tell you for sure.

In regards the body shell, it sounds about right for the area and year.  I'd
try to save it.  It is an early car.   Worth saving. But thats me...a sucker
for a wounded dog.

Bruce Durgin
64 B ( raised and pampered at Edwards Air Force Base in the dry, dry desert
for 30 years )