Re: several questions ( all LBC )

To: HGlenBetts@aol.com
Subject: Re: several questions ( all LBC )
From: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 21:19:06 -0400
>SECOND...
>Pulled the distributor (for the heck of it). It is a lucas 41643 B, according
>to the MOSS catalog this was only in California cars in 76. So.. this is
>either a California car (how can I tell((no engine number plate)) ), Or the
>PO did a swap. The 'arm' that comes from the vacume unit into the housing
>appears to be broken at the end. Also missing the anti flash cover.
>     Can everyone give me a recommendation on what to do about the
>distributor? My preference is to stay original, or accepted
>replacement/upgrade. I have no desire to go super hi performance high tech,
>"duel shaved and balanced knutin valve relay output tri-sponder yada, yada,
>yada" Just somethig that works and won't put the wife in shock with the
>price.

Hi Everyone...I just completed my MGB distributor chart (made from a few
resources), and I will upload them soon...anyway here is the info this guy
needs:

(please excuse the un kept formatting....)

 MGB Distributor Specs - Electronic Ignition 43DE4, 45DE4, 43DM4, 45DM4

 Eng #, Year
               Compression
               Ratio (CR)
                             Distributor
                             Lucas #
                                           Vacuum Unit
                                           Lucas #
                                                         Max Vacuum Adv.
                                                         Dist Degrees

                 Max.

                 Centrifugal

                 Adv.

                 Crack Degrees

                              Igntion Time

                              Crank Degrees

                                            Spark Plug

                                            Type

                                            and Gap

                                                          Superseded to

                                                          Constand Engery

                                                          Kit Lucas #
 18V801/802
 1976 (Fed/Cal)
               8:1
                             41643 45DE4
                                           54429506**
                                           (old #54429339)
                                                         Starts 3HG In
Finishes 11HG In Advance 12

                 33-37

                 @4500 RPM

                              10 BTDC

                              @1500 RPM

                                            N9YC 035"

                                                          60600719

 Note: Distributor 41643 (45DE4) Could have a vacuum unit (PART # UNKNOWN)
Attached, however, the moveable distributor base plate was pinned to
prevent movement.

** Vacuum Advance Activated in 4th Gear Only.

Cheers,

KMR

Kai Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net, 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
Dialogue Internet - Intelligent Internet Solutions (Net Khan)

IRC: irc.voicenet.com, #inet-access (my nick: ActiveX or KMR)